Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thanksgiving


We spent Thanksgiving in the Denver area with family. We actually went to two Thanksgiving feasts. One with my family in Lakewood and one with Michael's family in Golden. We truly were stuffed by the end of the day. After our second meal, I went back to my cousin Jessie's house to play games and cards. It was a late night, but lots of fun with aunts, uncles, and cousins.
The day after Thanksgiving was a beautiful sunny day with record breaking 74 degree weather. Clementine and I went for a hike with our family visiting from Texas. I think we found the coldest place in Colorado. We went to a waterfall in a box canyon near Colorado Springs. The entire falls were ice and the sun had not shined in the canyon since summer. We were not dressed for the weather, but we bravely climbed the 300 plus stairs to the top. We all really appreciated the hot chocolate in the gift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment